Johanna Walker is a dynamic presenter, trainer, storytelling expert and coach with a powerful presentation approach that energizes audiences and leads to lasting change. She creates an engaging learning environment through which she invites participants to step into authentic leadership–whether one on one with a client on speaking to a large audience.
Participants learn to present in a way that consistently commands the room, creates authentic connection, inspires action and closes the sale. Programs are highly interactive, immediately applicable, and are customized to meet your company’s needs.
When presenting at your conference or meeting, Johanna’s dynamic and entertaining talks will infuse energy into the crowd and light the fire of engagement throughout the meeting. Depending on your needs, content can be delivered in a 90-minute keynote, a half-day or full day training, or a 3-day intensive.
Select from these topic areas: (scroll down for descriptions)
- IGNITE YOUR SPEAKING POWER and turn butterflies into buyers
- THE BUSINESS OF STORYTELLING: How telling a story is the doorway to your next sale
IGNITE YOUR SPEAKING POWER
and turn butterflies into buyers
Audiences remember how they felt more than what they heard. Your presence and show-up-ability is as important as the content you present. Even if your brilliance is blinding, when your presentation skills are lacking, that brilliant content will disappear behind lack of confidence and self-doubt.
In this training, participants get tools and techniques to deliver powerful, high-impact presentations that lead audiences to take action every time. (Because fear of public speaking should never be a deal breaker) Stop watching team members swallow their message, hide in the back of the room, hedge in meetings, or even go on and on like windbags and create a culture where they instead grow fully into their potential.
Participants will learn:
- How to craft presentations that are crystal clear and get right to the point
- The number one method for connecting with any audience, including staff, clients, and prospects
- Avoiding the biggest mistake managers make when addressing their team’s “challenges”
- How the ‘butterfly’ feeling when you speak is actually the doorway to attracting more clients, closing more sales, and getting buy-in from your team
THE BUSINESS OF STORYTELLING:
How telling a story is the doorway to your next sale
“My audience wants facts and figures,” I’ve heard clients say. They want proof. Evidence. Stats. Science. Not this storytelling fluff” But when it comes down to making a decision to move forward, most buyers make decisions based on emotions: about the thing she’s buying, or the person he’s buying from.
But here’s the thing: a good story is far from fluff. Research shows that the most powerful way that humans connect with one another is through story. Show slide after slide of stats & numbers, and you may get some interest, but tell a story and you’ll have audiences flocking towards you wanting more.
In this presentation, we’ll cover the basics of storytelling–the stories you need to have in your back pocket, how to tell them well, and how to use stories to grow your business. Plus the secret sauce that make your team’s presentations conversion machines: Start with story. Logic later.
Participants will learn:
- Why telling a story is absolutely essential for making the sale or getting buy-in from your team
- How to present stories that don’t derail presentations
- The formula for story-crafting that has audiences sitting on the edge of their seats and still allow you to be uniquely you
- The 4 types of stories you must have in your back pocket any time you present
WHAT AUDIENCES AND MEETING PLANNERS ARE SAYING:
Contact Johanna to take the first step towards creating a program that’s right for your team.